Monday 11 July 2016

Love Lydiard Craft Fair 2016

Well what a funny old day at Lydiard Park this year! The weather was not on our side although it could always be worse! Luckily I was in exactly the same spot as last year and knew all too well how strongly the wind swirled and gusted around the gardens (even though it's walled!). So I managed to secure the sides onto my gazebo first thing and luckily didn't loose any stock or any of the display. There were several heavy showers in the morning too so it was a nervy day from the get go.
I had a new display set-up and also launched my latest summer turquoise collection:

The Graceful Deviant display at Lydiard Park, Swindon

It was soon noticeable that the footfall was well down on last year - a possible consequence of the weather combined with a lack of advertising following on from the continued financial issues the council is having with running the house and gardens and trying to find investment partners.
That said, I had a very busy day meeting lots of new customers and making sales that equaled last year. It was great to see Salamander Arts returning again with their gorgeous ceramics:

Julie & Theresa from Salamander Arts
A new trader this year was Little Miss Cake Maker who made Lydiard Park & Swindon's magic roundabout cupcakes!

Enjoying a magic roundabout cupcake to the live music in the gardens!
Due to the awful winds it was very difficult to leave the stall and see much of the other traders so I really hope it runs again next year and we have a much calmer day!
I'm not booked into any other trading events until November now - more on that decision to come. The next blog post I write will also have to address Brexit and what it means for me and the business. Not something I relish as I don't believe politics and silversmithing should really mix but it was inevitable. So stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment