Wednesday 21 May 2014

New designs for Graceful Deviant

Although there is still some work to be done!

I have been wanting to doodle some more of my own illustrations for use in my Graceful Deviant work for a long while now but, as always, I thought too long and too hard about whether or not the designs would 'fit'.

Then I decided 'sod it'! It's my business and I can draw what I like! Ok, so what if some things are a bit more rocky/tattoo inspired as opposed to pretty/nature inspired - the name is Graceful Deviant after all and if I like it, there must be others that will too (she says!).

And because I tend to use only my black ink drawn ideas I think it still ties in to an overall 'look' which is what I'm panicking to achieve!

So the pen and paper finally came out and I got going.

I love all of them but unfortunately, once minimized to charm or stud size (just a wee 8mm for stud earrings!), the detail is lost. But that's ok, I know what I need to do to get these to work!


The star-like design was one of my favourites (along with my facebook fans too) but I could really only use the central part of the design.

I think I just started with a design that was too large and the lines are not wide enough so that when you shrink it down, you lose resolution.

This is why my peacock feather design worked so well. I drew it smaller to begin with so that once shrunk, the resolution was perfect.

It's strange but they look sooo much better in person! The camera makes them look slightly grainy but the clarity is spot on in real life!



http://gracefuldeviant.com/ourshop/prod_3323693-Sterling-Silver-Mandala-Style-Star-Illustration-Stud-Earrings.html
Star Design Print Earrings now available on the website - click for link

When I first began Graceful Deviant I used to sell peacock feather studs in colour - it was just a photograph of the eye of the feather but through changing printers/papers/ making techniques over the years I never quite got them to look as good as when I made the very first ones.

So, I discontinued them but am so pleased I now have a hand drawn version.

I may add colour - what do people think?!


http://gracefuldeviant.com/ourshop/prod_3323782-Sterling-Silver-Peacock-Feather-Illustration-Stud-Earrings.html
Peacock Feather Print Studs are now available on the website - click for link!

These are the designs I need to work on - they're almost there, just not quite perfect!



Just a few more tweaks and I'll have these ready - fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment