Monday 7 April 2014

The Big Bead Show Spring 2014

I've discovered more lovely bead artists!

I must start this post with a big, big thank you to Sarah who kindly posted me a free ticket to The Big Bead show down at Sandown Park, Surrey. I had a wonderful day out (as I always do when surrounded by beads!) and met some wonderful new lampworkers.

The first I came across was Michaela Carrington who had a gorgeous stall displaying vibrant fused glass artwork as well as some pretty beads. An accountant by day, she finds working with glass a relaxing evening outlet and I couldn't resist some of her dotty beads!
Of course, I couldn't miss Sarah Downton especially as she had got me in for free! Last time I visited her at The Big Bead Show I bought all blue so this time I bagged some lush pinks and rescued a few orphans too (it has to be done!)
Then I discovered the lovely Barbara Mason - a fellow Swindonite! Her beads were just so unusual I really had to restrict myself to selecting only my true favourites (damn budget!). Barbara likens her beads to sweeties especially the little cubes but I am just in love with the mint green ones that give the impression of having mini craters in them. They don't though, they are completely smooth - what a great effect!
Right towards the end (and with the budget blown!) I found Josephine Wadman who had beads right up my street. Lots of beachy themed goodies and I just loved the etched effect which gives the beads a more weathered, natural look.
I can't wait to get started with my new haul and hopefully some finished pieces will be ready to take with me to my first event at The Kennet Centre, Newbury on the 26th April.

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment