Monday 23 February 2015

Wanderlust Stud Earrings...

....and a hint of spring!

Would you look at that?! The snowdrops are appearing!
And the days are slowly but surely starting to feel longer - I worked in the studio until just after 5pm last week before needing to switch the light on!
So I was inspired to get back to The Blue Starfish table and get some bright, spring-like colours on the go:
New bracelets coming to the website - click on photo for link
It has been a long while since I've been inspired to get making new jewellery for The Blue Starfish and I think there are several factors surrounding this but the main one has got to be finding fairs/markets/shows to sell at - organisers are just flooded with jewellery applicants making it nigh on impossible to get in to any. I've even been trying with Graceful Deviant jewellery but no-one wants a silversmith either!
Still, there are lots of ideas kicking about for new designs and new avenues for selling will eventually appear I'm sure! Speaking of new designs, I was also desperate to have a play with my new metal stamps that came through from America - and here is the result:
Tiny silver studs - perfect for everyday wear!
To say I am thrilled with the possibilities for these stamps is an understatement! The studs are just the start there will be charms, rings and hopefully some stone settings all featuring some of these designs. The wanderlust theme is not going anywhere fast and when I spotted this gorgeous pendant handmade by Grubbi Ceramics I just had to have it!
A little treat for me!
Leather is probably going to be my material of choice when it comes to stringing as I want this stunner to remain the focal point of my necklace! As for the other little beadies - I'm not too sure what design to settle on but I think I might make a bracelet - I promise to show you all the finished results!
Until next time,......

No comments:

Post a Comment