Tuesday 24 June 2014

Handmade Cards & Commissions

A week of card making and silversmithing - perfect!

It's been a busy few days full of birthdays, Father's Day and more so the dining table has been littered with pretty papers, ribbons and flowers!

These are just a hobby for me really, I take commissions by word of mouth and don't sell them anywhere online but if you think I can help with anything - just ask! I love making them!

A couple of weeks ago I also got asked to come up with a floral necklace in silver with the recipients favourite stone - emerald. It was decided that a poppy shape would be just right as she had them in her garden!
And here is the result:

I still get nervous soldering but I know it's just a practise makes perfect issue - I'm always so conscious of how much the materials cost, what if it solders in the wrong place, what if I get too much firescale etc!!!
But I'm pretty pleased with this one and it has definitely inspired me to get back to the torch - at least once a week!

My next post will show you my latest Graceful Deviant product launch so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment