Monday 2 June 2014

Newbury Market & A Fresh Start

A clean approach to jewellery display and my diet!

What a wonderful day I had at The Kennet Centre in Newbury on Saturday selling The Blue Starfish jewellery! I have attended this market once before and love the location - we are essentially a handmade pop-up shop!

There are plenty of lovely stalls and so I felt I really needed to up my game this year to make my display really stand out. I have struggled before in the past to exhibit my wares in a coherent manner which easily portrays my overall style and theme.

But hopefully you'll agree that I'm definitely heading in the right direction!

 I opted for a natural fabric to cover the table - almost sandy looking! Along with some white-washed wooden crates, pebbles and a treasure chest to place my business cards in, I think you'll agree, the beachy theme is coming together nicely!


There is also a brief introduction to me and my work placed in the frame at the middle of the table but I've never clocked anyone reading it to date! So perhaps I will use that space for more stock next time.

Also in love with the fact that I now have a real blue starfish to display on the table! Found in a gift shop on Pier 39 in San Francisco on my Cali road trip last summer :)

So with a fresh approach to my market appearance, it's that time again to do the same with my diet! I don't know about you but sometimes things can get so busy and hectic that what you put in your mouth at meal times becomes more about convenience rather than homemade, fresh and sensible choices.
One of the best ways I have found to get back on track is to follow a basic detox plan. It's amazing after 7 days how your cravings for sweet treats as well as the naughty stodgy meals suddenly disappear!


Now this detox plan is not easy but does make sense when you look into why you are eating certain things on certain days and I have lost around 4-5lbs after completing it. So, today I have shuffled onto the scales, noted down 129.8 lbs (I'm roughly 5'4") and have begun preparing all the fresh fruit I could ever want as today that is all I can eat. It's important to note that you shouldn't feel starving hungry! Eat as much fresh fruit as you like (excluding bananas) and drink at least 2L of water. I also cut out caffeine which is the hardest to do and headaches will be noted tomorrow I'm sure!

Tune in tomorrow to see how I'm getting on and find out what's on the menu for the rest of the week :)

2 comments:

  1. Your craft stall looks fantastic Ellen- it is very coherent and looks really interesting. You have inspired me to think more carefully about mine (although I usually only do Christmas fairs so have plenty of time!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beady Daze! I'm going to try and find a picture of my stall from a few years ago to show just how a few changes can make all the difference! And it's weird but I was perfectly happy and proud of that set up a few years back too! But you soon realise there is always room for improvement :)

      Delete