Monday 9 June 2014

It's crunch time - the detox is over!

Drum roll please......

Not going to lie, this detox has required a lot of time and attention to make sure I didn't fall off the wagon so I haven't been updating my blog daily! That said, there's not a lot to write about with respect to what I was actually eating as the last 4 days are self explanatory - see the full plan here.

I did however have a brief change around on Day 6 - rather than just beef and veg, I took out most of the beef and replaced with wholegrain brown rice. Yummy!

Breakfast, lunch and dinner!!
So, how have I been feeling? Well, as much as I hate Day 5 (beef and tomatoes), the increase to 3L of water was fantastic! I felt full of energy, my stomach was feeling a lot less bloated and flatter and I wasn't craving anything stodgy (unlike on the fruit and veg days!).

Day 6 was a strange day and I thought I'd made a terrible mistake in introducing the brown rice a day early as I went to bed feeling very bloated indeed. I felt better in the morning but made sure I cooked more veg and less rice on the final day.

The scales beckoned this morning and the moment of truth.....124.6 lbs!! That's 5.2 lbs loss in a week! Woohoo!
Now the real work starts to maintain this loss. If you try this detox, lose weight but the very next day after finishing think 'Ooo I can have a takeaway for dinner now' then this detox has not worked for you!!!
I am now inspired to keep drinking my 2L of water, cooking from scratch with fresh ingredients and cutting back on processed foods, sugar and carbs. I have been looking to improve my diet since Feb last year when I started keeping a food diary - not just for calorie counting but to open my eyes to how much fat and sugar was in the food I was eating. I'm now proud to have lost 22.4 lbs since then. Slow and steady making just a few lifestyle changes - that's the way :)
Feel free to ask me any further questions on what I ate during this detox, how to get more creative on your fruit and veg days - anything at all! There is a science behind this detox too so if you do want to undertake the challenge, please follow every day exactly as it is laid out - don't swap days around!

I hope you have enjoyed these posts even if they are a little different to my usual but if you think about it, it is still along the same vein as my blog - homemade/handmade is best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment