Tuesday 3 June 2014

Weekly Detox Plan

A slightly different post from me today!

So, I mentioned yesterday that I was a having a fresh start and a clean up with my jewellery ideas and the same is also true of my diet!
We all reach that moment when we realise something needs to change. Now don't get me wrong, I eat a good, balanced diet most of the time and it certainly helps that my studio is the spare room as it means I can prepare a lot of meals from scratch throughout the day. The trouble is the takeaways, naughty snacks and decrease in exercise all creep up on us every now and again. So to snap out of this and eliminate the cravings I try a 7 day detox. I have done this particular detox 3 times before and each time I lose around 4-5lbs but really I do it to get myself back into fresh, clean living!

Here is the idea:

Day 1:
Fruit day! You can eat any fruits you fancy (no bananas) and preferably melon especially watermelon because it has such a high water content. Drink 2L of water.

Day 2:
Vegetable Day! Start the day with a jacket spud and small pat of butter if desired. Then, any veggies you like throughout the remainder of the day but try and steer clear of beans and no more potatoes! Drink 2L of water.

Day 3:
Fruit & Vegetable Day! Mix and match any fruits and veg excluding bananas, potatoes and preferably beans. Drink 2L of water.

Day 4:
Banana & Milk Day! Eat no more than 8 bananas throughout the day with 3 glasses of milk and still try and drink your 2L of water.

Day 5:
Beef & Tomato Day! Choose lean beef (even hamburgers are ok provided they are a high % lean beef) and eat no more than 600g. Combine with 6 tomatoes which you must eat. Increase your water intake to 3L.

Day 6:
Beef & Vegetable Day! Eat as much lean beef and any veg (except potatoes) as you like plus 2L of water.

Day 7:
Brown Rice & Vegetable Day! Suggestion is to have around 1 cup (200g) of the dried rice which should give 3 cups rice once cooked (so enough for 3 meals) and lots of fresh veggies.

Et voila! There are a few other rules you should follow too - definitely no alcohol, you should cut out caffeine and try not to use any oil for cooking your veggies/over salads etc.


So how did I do yesterday?! Well, I drank my 2L of water and visited the loo more times than I probably do in a week!! I consumed a small honeydew and canteloupe melon, 300g strawberries, peach slices (drained from the juice in a tin) and a satsuma. I think that was all!

I will keep you updated everyday with how I get on!

This detox was found on pinterest here: http://health-heaven.tumblr.com/post/17089615944/what-do-you-think-of-gms-diet but originates here: http://www.gmdietworks.com/home
There are slight differences between these 2 sources but the one I have outlined above is the one I follow and has worked so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment